Brett Coldiron, M.D., FACP, FAAD
Brett Coldiron, MD, is one of the most distinguished Mohs surgeons in the world, having cured over 50,000 cases of skin cancers. In addition to founding the Skin Cancer Center, he has served as president, vice president and secretary-treasurer of the American College of Mohs Surgery. He is also past president of the American Academy of Dermatology, representing 18,000 dermatologists worldwide.
- Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Cincinnati
- Ongoing research at the Skin Cancer Center, including:
- Patient safety and quality improvement
- Skin cancer epidemic
- Benchmarks for quality of skin cancer care
- Cost efficiencies of Mohs Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology - Immediate Past President (2015-16); President (2014-15); President Elect (2013-14); Board of Directors (2009-present)
- Ohio State Medical Association – Counselor at Large (2015-2016)
- American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology – President (2011-2012); Vice President (2010-2011); Secretary-Treasurer (2008-2010); Board of Directors (2005-2008)
- Director, Good Samaritan TriHealth fellowship program in Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology (2010-Present)
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery - Board of Directors (2003-2006)
- Cincinnati Dermatological Society - President (2004-2005)
- Ohio Dermatological Association – President (1999-2000)
Awards & Recognitions
- JDD Leaders of Distinction Award for Outstanding Leadership in Promoting the Field of Dermatology (2016)
- International Training Mentorship Program Outstanding Contribution Award (2014)
- Clinical Educator of the Year (2014)
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery President’s Award for leadership and promoting safety of office-based surgery (2013)
- Distinguished Service Award, American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology (2007)
- Dermatologist of the Year – Ohio Dermatologic Association (2001)
- Clarence A. Jackson Service Award for outstanding achievement, National Association of Wabash College Men (2000)
- Consistently named “Best Doctors” in Cincinnati and America
- Over 72 peer-reviewed scientific papers and 5 book chapters (as of 2015)
- Distinguished lecturer: University of Cincinnati, Cleveland Clinic, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, New York University, Wake Forest University, University of Arkansas
- Distinguished international lecturer: Canada, Indonesia, South Africa, Dubai, India
Association MembershipsAmerican College of Physicians
American Dermatology Association
American Medical Association
Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
Dermatology Foundation Leaders Society
Kentucky Medical Association
Masters of Dermatology Association
Noah Worcester Dermatological Society
Northern Kentucky Medical Society
Women’s Dermatology Society
EducationDr. Coldiron is board certified in Internal Medicine (residency at the University Hospital, Cincinnati), Dermatology (residency at University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas Parkland Memorial Hospital), and fellowship trained in Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery (Northwestern University and the University of Illinois at Chicago).
Click an image below to see a larger version.
July 6, 2017
Dr. Coldiron was recently named an honoree at The Healthcare Leadership Award luncheon.
April 7, 2016
Best Dermatologists in Cincinnati, OH Handpicked Top 3 Dermatologists in Cincinnati, OH. We recently checked customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and their general excellence. You deserve only the best in life!
March 31, 2016
Dr Brett Coldiron receives a medal from Dr. Mark Lebwohl, current past president of the American Academy of Dermatology, for his service as president of the AAD.
March 7, 2016
Dr. Brett Coldiron receives recognition from Dr. Erin Boh, Chairwoman of the Department of Dermatology at Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, for his service as president of the American Academy of Dermatology.